Monday, May 3, 2010

Mexico in Massachuestts

...Or, what a fun weekend.

Between the no-water, boil-only ban on water and Sunday's record high (91degrees), the weekend got a little ugly.


We are still without water, which started Saturday afternoon after there was a 'catastrophic' leak in Boston's water main (Cambridge is unaffected). The leak has been sealed and the water is allegedly being re-pressurized, so we may be headed back to a regular, functioning American city within another day or two.

The ban was placed while we were out celebrating the Kentucky Derby and before the bars rushed out to buy bottled soda, etc. they offered only
straight booze. Oops.

That continued on Sunday. Without the ability to drink water and the oppressive 5th floor apartment heat, we were
forced to drink mimosas and sit on the roof getting baby, 1st-of-the-season, sun burns. Rough life.

But with all those conditions in place, it means my allergies are also in prime condition to make life miserable. Luckily, I returned to allergy shots this winter. It has been an unusually bad season. For the most part, I'm faring well. My eye are only moderately swollen and all my other symptoms are manageable. Here's a picture from last spring:
Pretty, right? A swollen, grumpy, mouth-breathing hot mess. This was the day I decided I would like to restart allergy shots.
This is my allergy test. Up there, in the top right corner, is ragweed. Others to note, bottom left--birch. These days, I get three injections: one maple/ash, one oak/grass/animal? and one birch/ragweed.

And this is us, Derby day 2010, sitting outside. I'm even smiling! But here are some other weekend photos:

Ali's husband, Lain, and Drew at the BC alumni rugby game.
A little day dancing.

Ali wins most coordinated outfit. She looked darling.

My favorite hat.

Family shot: Chris, Arestia, Rach, Brian and my enormous hat.

No comments:

Post a Comment