Thursday, May 27, 2010

A Tale of Extremes & Perspective

In all it's odd glory. [Still ugly, mom]

Parker, my 2001 Chevy Tracker and longtime companion, got tired of me calling him ugly and violently & quite suddenly had a seizure. RIP. [Please observe a moment of silence]

On Saturday night, his engine seized - though no one can tell me why - and that concludes the last 9 years of our lives together. He, obviously freshly cleaned (oh the irony), has chosen to be donated to a charity of my choosing later this week or when I figure out what in the hell I'm going to do now.

I received that call around 11am this morning and thought the day was ruined. But then, unexpectedly and with absolutely nothing to do with the above situation, I received beautiful 'just because' flowers accompanied by the best 5 word note a girl has ever received.

...And just like that, the day turned back around. Just a reminder it will work out in the end. Flowers fix everything.


Bam Bam Holla. Beauties.

2 comments:

  1. It's always darkest before dawn.

    Also - where the hell are MY flowers?!

    ReplyDelete
  2. as your famous aunt Mary said, it's free isnt it??

    ReplyDelete