Monday, May 24, 2010

Stripe-tacular!

It was a busy weekend over here at the Berkeley Penthouse. My roommates are both relaxing at their respective homes, so I enlisted some friends for a bit of DIY fun.

The challenge? Tackle an accent wall in the kitchen and paint on a headboard in my room. Not an insignificant undertaking...made even more complicated when the Tracker got sick and had to be towed away for a new battery and starter (minimum).

Also, we squeezed in the 2.5 hour finale to a show we have been watching for 6 years and one 5 person feast whipped together in an overheated fury. Of all of these endeavors, I'm probably most proud of the dinner (pasta with scallops, siwss chard and muscles in a white wine/garlic/shallot/clam sauce), but I digress.


Some before and afters to feast your eyes on:

My headboard, inspired by Jamie at isuwanee's post. We turned down the level of Shrek-ears that occurs on this bad boy and rounded it out. Obviously, we ditched the bird.

Inspiration:
Execution:

Before


After

La Piece de Resistance:
Planning
All taped up. It was about this time that we realized we were going to need another color. No worries though. I did some ninja maneuvers in the back stairwell (really scary stuff) and scrounged up the blue we are so jealous of in apt 1. It's ours now bitches.

LOOK: It's A-Mario. Just kidding. It's Nick.

The big reveal, are you ready?

New roommate approved!! It's so beautiful we kept catching ourselves gazing at our kitchen wall! (Hope you like it Rie)

A huge "thank you" to Kristina and Nick. Without them, I'd still be taping.

2 comments:

  1. Just can't take my eyes away from it! Love love love. And glad I made the featured photos ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. FanTAStic! You guys were super busy! Can't wait to see it in person! xx

    ReplyDelete