Tuesday, May 18, 2010

"No, he's a real superhero"

-Eileen Monahan, NYC, referring to Aquaman.

I've never been particularly struck by cartoons or comics. I have these memories of sleeping at my best friend's who can't sleep unless the TV is on. I wait around until she falls asleep and then sneak to the TV and turn it off. She waits til I drift off to turn it back on, rinse & repeat.

However, I am loving the simplistic design behind these 'Minimalist Superhero Posters.' The retro feel would make spectacular art (imagine one hung in a gallery wall) or nicely decorate a kid's room. They each add a nice pop of color.

My dad always talked about how he would lay under the table listening to the Green Lantern and The Flash on the radio. [Cue the nostalgia again]. Also, who doesn't love the Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles?

So take a peek at my favorites and view all of them here.





1 comment:

  1. Love the Darkwing Duck one! If it didn't specifically say it was from a cartoon, you could legitimately hang that on your wall.

    Also a big fan of the TMNT design - always loved the Turtles!

    ReplyDelete