Friday, May 7, 2010

Things that took my breath away...

...this week.

This week, I tried to be quiet and observe. These are the things that caught my eye and made me go "hmm".


Spotted: One hoopdee on Berkeley st. in Boston. Reminds me of a great story...


Photo Credit Phil Mansfield for the New York Times.

Listen, you can't get me here fast enough. Part of an article on 'Steampunk style' which is a) quite popular right now and b) I second that popularity. It's using things/images/feelings from the past and using them to look to the future; think antiques, nautical homages, weathered books. Read more about it
here.


Speaking of Steampunk style...I want this on my bookshelf. It reminds me of Michigan. Found in a Signs of Vintage's etsy shop.



Underwater art. Always a crowd pleaser (uh, at least a crowd of one). Beautiful images captured by Nadia Moro. There's a whole breathtaking
collection.
Ok, truth: most favorite etsy shop of all time: irenesuchocki. Yes, please. I'll take all of these vintage, dreamy, beachy pics.



Palpable nostalgia. Featured on
20x200 this week.



I've been hoarding this
Mark Elverson image of purple smoke for over a year. It always speaks to me.

Happy weekend. Find some moments to pause.

2 comments:

  1. well, I think that hoopdee used to sit in the driveway at 10655, I think we have some steampunk at 3545,yes lots and barb took the best suitcases to CHI town- yes the underwater is fabulous.. as is the purple smoke- you do lose my interest in the hostess truck, however.... hahaha

    ReplyDelete
  2. If you are loving underwater photography right now, you HAVE to check out Zena Holloway (http://www.zenaholloway.com/) - absolutely stunning.

    ReplyDelete