Tuesday, June 29, 2010

Well, that was fast!

Each Christmas, my family flies away from the cold and takes a tropical vacation. We opted to bow out of family obligations some years ago when the logistics (read: a divorce) made it too complicated to juggle. Also, family celebrations=family drama and honestly, who has the energy? [It seems like your grown child has wet his pants again and is now rolling on the rug. Care to address it?]

But, because my dad has ADHD, the decisions don't come easy. For instance, we had decided last year around May that we should go to Hawaii. Tickets were not booked until OCTOBER because my father just wouldn't commit.

So imagine my surprise after my Anguilla post when we started to talk vacations. I figured it would be tons of miserable conversations about where we should hole up and not talk to strangers. It is LESS than one week later and we are booked! In Barbados. Way to go, Mom and Barb!

Sapphire Beach, here I come. Suitcase stow-aways welcome!

Shall we?



Thanks Wikipedia! {It looks like a backwards Maine to me}

Fun Fact: Wikipedia (I know, I know) states that Barbados is the 3rd most developed country in the western hemisphere after US and Canada. Is this believable? I don't know? I guess, I mean they do play cricket there.

1 comment: