Wednesday, June 23, 2010

Let's Go Somewhere

Itching for a vacay, aren't you? Well, I am.

Since almost all hotel properties try to be the same, it's time to branch out for other adventures. Airbnb.com is a place to list extra spaces (anything from couches to castles) and rent them by the night. They compiled 40 of their coolest spaces and it is worth a peek.

My family likes to travel to tropical, deserted locations and then find the quietest corner on the island to inhabit. This is to ensure you'll speak with no one but family for 10 days. (And I, secretly, like it until day 9). Obviously, you think I'm kidding. No, no. I'm not. In 2001, we rented a large boat and floated and scuba-ed our way through the Virgin Islands. Had our trip not been derailed by a tropical storm, we would have successfully not killed each other on a 90 foot boat. Huge win!

In honor of my family's desire to be secluded, I present this acceptable property: Rum Punch Villa in Anguilla.







There are other options, like a full size plane (perhaps a bit claustrophobic?), a castle which looks like a regular house on the inside, a Greek windmill (eek!), a yacht and more.

1 comment: