Thursday, April 15, 2010

Maybe you've heard...

...2009 was a bit rough for magazines. Probably one you liked didn't make it: Gourmet, Blender, Domino. This list goes on. In fact, in a quick Google check I read 367 magazines shut their publishing doors last year.

What this creates is an opportunity. There is a new market opening for online magazines. And Lonny jumped right in to fill that gap for decor and design magazines. The third issue came out last week.

It's strange to read a magazine online, but the layout is fairly user friendly. Conveniently, if you fall in love with something on one of the pages, chances are it's linked and you can find both the source (+) and the price (-). Also, it's almost impossible to not find new sources of inspiration on Lonny's pages since it's
packed.

Here are a taste of my favorites:
This teal wingback caught my attention. It must be the lines. Or the color.

This blue settee is gorgeous. Then, BAM! you see the back. What a delightful pop!


This dining room, with it's deep shade of blue and casual charm, is such a departure from my dining room growing up. And yet, I love it.

This floral headboard juxtaposed with glossy black paint makes me want to jump up and say "YESSS!!!" But then, I return to my headboard-less, white-walled room and I realize there's nary a headboard around these days to which I would say "no".

And, one last one for good measure, this sweet scalloped side table. It was snatched up and resuscitated at a flea market. (This is an area in which I do not excel).

The variety of rooms (decor styles, colors, and layout) I stumble upon and think "I could live there" makes me a little nervous for the day I'm tasked with designing a cohesive place to live. But, I guess I have time to explore & discover my favorites now.

*All images courtesy of Lonny, issue 3.

No comments:

Post a Comment