Wednesday, September 22, 2010

Beekman Dreams



Ok. This one is dedicated to my Aunt Barb. She's been plugging the Fabulous Beekman Boys for years. So finally, I paid attention. I was instantly hooked. The Beekman Boys and their life have all the best elements: attractive men, a farm, goats, soap, cheese, humor, love and strife. 

Beekman Garden, 52 raised beds
The Fabulous Beekman Boys are partners: Brent, a physician-turned-businessnman, and lovable, snarky Josh, a Midwestern former drag-queen, NY Times bestseller, ad-man and wannabe farmer. Together they purchased a mansion in Sharon Springs, NY, a ghost-town which was once a bustling hub of New Yorkers on vacation to visit the Sulpher Springs (think Hamptons, pre-Hamptons). 

Book cover
We read the book The Bucolic Plague: How Two Manhattanites Became Gentlemen Farmers: An Unconventional Memoir in my book club. And now, (wait for it) WE ARE VISITING!! I can't even contain my excitement. It should be beautiful then. Watch out Sharon Springs, we are coming!! 


Ps Catch the show on Planet Green and it's been renewed!! Yay!!

*Images courtesy of Beekman1802.com, amazon.com, Mintel Hnatov

1 comment: