Thursday, December 2, 2010

Oops..

When I look through the rooms I find inspirational or dream about living it, one thing is clear: I prefer spaces designed for a woman. Besides rustic, hearty furniture, the spaces I conjure for my future are absolutely feminine. 

I blame the women in my life. My Aunt Barb lived for many years in a perfect, girly apartment, complete with a dressing room in Chicago! It was tres Sex & the City. And my Mom got away with murder. Ask her about the first bedroom wallpaper in our house--it was large baskets of flowers on a light gray background. My Dad finally put his foot down (actually, I have no idea how it happened, but I imagine he came one day and said he could simply no longer sleep in a room full of flowers) and now, they have a soothing, magical dark green wallpaper which completely transformed the ambiance.

Anyways, he who lives with me will either have his work cut or he'll enjoy some pretty nooks. Poor guy. 

A lovely desk to call home

Hellooooo, mirror!

Ugh! The purple dresser!


 *Images courtesy of Rue, Pink Wallpaper, A Life more Fabulous, Lonny

No comments:

Post a Comment